Boat Rental Policy- Rentals open May 26, 2018!
- Mon-Fri 9:30-6:00, Sat-Sun 9:30-6:30
- Rentals may leave no later than one hour before close
- Must be five years old to participate
- Children under eight must have one adult per child aboard
- A parent must sign for a minor
- Meet posted skill guidelines
- Photo ID held in office
- Minimum one hour, then charged in quarter-hour increments
- Time and a half charged when late (after 6:00 on weekdays, 6:30 on weekends)
- Double time when a late return delays others' reservations
- Towing or capsize assistance - $20
- Damages or lost equipment - at cost
- Read rental agreement before signing
- Inspect boat thoroughly before embarking
- Life jacket required to be worn at all times (Provided for all renters)
- Sail only in designated Westport waters - see posted chart
- Allow for changing weather and tidal conditions
- Operate legally and prudently at all times
- Alcohol is not permitted on any boats
- Shoes required
- Reservations forfeited after 15 minutes
- Reservation privileges forfeited for "no shows"
Sailboats are permitted to sail within the area shown on the chart below- from Judy Pt. at the mouth of the Saugatuck River, to Bluff Pt, out to Cockenoe Island, across to Cedar Pt. and back to LSS. All sailboats must stay on the north side of Cockenoe Island. Only catamarans and paddle-craft may land on the island.