Friends of Longshore Sailing School
- Friends of Longshore Sailing School (FOLSS) is a 501(c)(3) private foundation founded in 2000.
- The mission of FOLSS is to provide, protect and preserve public sailing and boating safety education facilities for present and future generations.
- In 2001, FOLSS contributed $310,000 toward the construction of the new sailing school building at Longshore Club Park.
- In 2002, FOLSS sponsored a Memorial Brickwalk in Longshore Club Park. See below for more details.
- Each year, FOLSS provides scholarships to deserving kids.
Friends of Longshore Sailing School provides scholarships for kids to attend Longshore Sailing School. Scholarships are funded by individual sponsorship of custom engraved pavers in a Memorial Brickwalk leading to the new sailing school building at Westport's Longshore Club Park.
The 200-by-8 foot long Memorial Brickwalk was built in its entirety before the summer of 2002, but engraving will continue until all pavers are sponsored. Uni-bricker (single paver) sponsorship begins at $75. Goldbricker (a full row of 8 pavers) sponsorship is $425. For information on how to sponsor your own brick call our office at (203) 226-4646 or download our brochure, which includes an order form.